Sunday, May 20, 2012

A good reminder.

I spend my Thursday nights at a college-age Bible study at my church. We've recently started going through the book of Hebrews. I absolutely LOVE and highly recommend it.Something we talked about this week really made me think and I thought I'd share! Please feel free to comment your thoughts or questions. :)

 "For if we go on sinning deliberately after receiving the knowledge of the truth, there no longer remains a sacrifice for sins, but a fearful expectation of judgment, and a fury of fire that will consume the adversaries." 
Hebrews 10:26-27

What a good reminder. Especially after being in a "Cedarville bubble" for a bit, it's so easy to get caught up in feel-good Christianity. Nobody talks about the hard stuff. But this scripture points out that we will be judged one day. As my leader said at study, don't be willing to fall into the wrath of a living God. If there is a sin in our lives that we choose to ignore...well, that sucks because we can't be chasing after Christ with everything. Confront the sin in your life, easier said than done, but for real. Do what you have to do. I am encouraging this in conviction, not judgement. As Christians, we already have to face judgement with a renewed heart and account for the sins we've already confessed and repented from. I don't think anyone wants to face that with an ugly sin that they willingly participated in despite knowing better. It's a scary thought, but one of the beautiful parts of our faith. 

No comments:

Post a Comment